- Volatile Energy Supply and Demand
- Aging Grid – Investments
- New Scenarios (Solar, Electric Vehicle,
- Prediction Complexity
- Thermal Generation (Nuclear, Coal)
- Energy Grid Investment that underperforms
- Missed opportunity to leverage existing energy sources and integrate new Distributed Energy Resources (DER)
- Missed opportunities for new revenue sources
TwinWorX® Digital Twins for Smart Energy
- Integrate assets, the energy grid, equipment, systems and people into one platform
- Get data out of silos and turn it into information, real-time status monitoring, performance analysis and and actionable insights about building performance
- Review and respond to fault detection and diagnosis alerts and alarms.
- Shift to condition-based monitoring
- Gain 360 degree visibility of assets via a ‘Single Pane of Glass’ that unifies information, alerts and insights.
- Maintain visibility to structural health.
- Intuitively navigate through 3D visualization of facility geospatial information.
- Quickly and easily search assets, telemetry data, alarms, insights.
- Command and control resources across the network via bidirectional communication.
- Increase responsiveness by reacting to alarms and notifications.
- Improve facilities management service levels with proactive and predictive maintenance.
- Decision-making for optimal energy storage.
- Modelling the performance of, for example, a power plant by representing its state, operation or position.
- Replicate the physical and operational characteristics of a power generation plant or other utility asset prior to construction.
- Test what-if scenarios and simulations of risks and vulnerabilities using virtual Digital Twins instead of physical environments.
- Understand the complexity of interconnected and interdependent systems.
- Extend asset life using historical trends and analysis to better understand usage, wear, maintenance and performance.
Smart Energy Use Cases