Happy Earth day from e-Magic! Corporations and companies can no longer choose to ignore the sustainable demands of consumers. More and more organizations are committing to reducing their carbon footprint and improving building environments so that they are sustainable and healthy. Technology is a key enabler for initiatives such as:
- Decarbonization: finding ways to reduce and save on energy uses and costs.
- Sustainability Standards, Codes, and Certifications: ANSI/ASHRAE, IECC, IgCC, LEED, BREEAM, and many others.
- ESG Reporting and Disclosure: disclosure of financially material sustainability information to investors.
- Building Wellness: demonstrating safe and productive work environments and meeting building certifications such as WELL, Fitwel, BOMA Best, and others.
Digital Twins are ideally suited to support the difficult challenges of getting all the data needed to support Sustainability objectives. Digital twins help in 4 key ways:
Models of people, spaces, and things can be built using an open, industry-standard language DTDL (Digital Twins Definition Language) to create realistic digital replicas of the physical environment.
Data from many siloed sources including IoT devices and building systems are normalized and structured into an independent data layer that can be analyzed to reduce energy use and improve operational performance.
Advanced analytical toolsets like Fault Detection and Diagnosis and Time Series Insights help to identify issues and advise on improving performance to support decarbonization and increase energy savings.
And lastly, a dynamic Single Pane of Glass visualization surfaces insights across a whole network of digital twins. Predictive and prescriptive analytics are built using machine learning and AI models that leverage the structured data.
Deploying digital twins to support sustainability initiatives can yield outcomes with a real impact on the organization’s ESG commitments:
- Energy monitoring and management to reduce energy costs.
- Increase equipment operational efficiencies, reduce maintenance and extend asset life.
- Understand how the building and its systems are performing based on its utilization and occupancy.
- Improve building comfort and safety for its occupants.
Be ready for the future with e-Magic!